[Bf-committers] code restructure

Wed, 8 Oct 2003 23:14:03 +0200

Hi,

> Well, actually I do have a comment on this. The goals presented provide
> a clearer structure of the source code, but the foundation still is the
> same. The restrictions laid upon the Module-Framework-Library are not
> enforced by the architecture, they are merely rules.

Oh no, it reflects the architecture as it is, or as it was meant.
I can know! :)

> (Famous real-life
> sentence: "rules are to be broken"). I think, those rules will be
> broken
> within a year and then we're back where we are currently.
> For the time being this is not bad as a short term solution, but for
> the
> longer term, a more rigourous rewrite is needed (aka Blender 3).

Right, it is meant as a temporal situation, as a path towards 2.5, and
to get more people involved with the current releases, and work more
efficient.
The total restructure also should be feasible. I am now already working
10 days non stop in coding on UI stuff, with a lot of time puzzling
pieces together to reveil structure better...
if such restructure will become 10 times more work I doubt I'll do it.

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org