[Bf-committers] code restructure

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 08 Oct 2003 22:42:11 +0200

Hi,

replying to my own comment :)

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 20:00, Michel Selten wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 15:25, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > With doing so much code rehashing, I think it's good to share my view
> > on a new structure too, to be executed after 2.3 is out.
> > This only applies for blender/source/blender.
> >
> > 0. Goal
>
> <snip>
> No comments on this.

Well, actually I do have a comment on this. The goals presented provide
a clearer structure of the source code, but the foundation still is the
same. The restrictions laid upon the Module-Framework-Library are not
enforced by the architecture, they are merely rules. (Famous real-life
sentence: "rules are to be broken"). I think, those rules will be broken
within a year and then we're back where we are currently.
For the time being this is not bad as a short term solution, but for the
longer term, a more rigourous rewrite is needed (aka Blender 3).

With regards,
	Michel