[Bf-committers] Re: New Gui comments

Nathan Vegdahl bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 07:41:36 -0700 (PDT)

> I always found colour changes (brighter) funny as well, for which I have an
> unconfirmed theory: moving from SGI machines' gamma to no gamma, I mean
> PC "gamma". We need an history section. :]

   I have my computer gamma corrected (so that as RGB values increase linearly,
so does the brightness increase linearly).  I do that specifically so that the
light reflectance formulas are actually represented on the screen accurately.
   Of course, in the past this has led to interesting problems when making and
recieving critiques ("Your lighting is too dark!"  "No, *your* lighting is too
bright!"). ;-)

   As far as GUI colors go, I think it would make sense to just make them
user-definable (each type of GUI element would have its own user-definable
color).

--Nathan "Cessen" Vegdahl