[Bf-committers] Pupmenu conventions. (Was: CVScommit:blender/source/blender/src edit.c)

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 12:11:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The numerical hotkey option for menus is hardcoded in the menu system
> itself, it always works, and always counts from the top.
> This is so incredible simple & functional, that I'm really surprised
> someone thinks to drop that consistancy.

it's only consistant when you know about it :-) I thrive on htis
kind of 'muscle memory trick' to reduce brainwork in UI's. in fact
all my passwords are easier to remember with the muscle memory
trick (and I have to have a LOT of passwords in life).

> The return event code for 'knife tool' (11) has nothing to do with it.
>
> The Wkey menu in Blender is the worst example to look at... I've added
> it a long time ago to have easy access to new options we coded, it has
> no meaning, nor it was thought out to be a major hotkey. Only: "If it
> doesn't fit anywhere, put it in the Wkey menu!"

what's dutch for 'w' :-)