[Bf-committers] Blender with MSVC7

Nahtan Letwory bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:37:20 +0200

Hi,

I managed (finally) to compile todays Blender CVS (co 1702 Finnish time)
with MSVC 7. I know that it is not necessarily interesting for the
upcoming release, but I made a pack with the project files, so you can
test if it really works.

Preliminary tests show on my machine a 10s faster rendering of
motor9.blend from the regression test suite with OSA 8 and Unified
Rendering. More testing needed, though.

The package contains a README which walks you through the process as of
how I got it to work.

When the upcoming release is out the files could be tested more and
eventually committed to CVS.

I had to change FTGL slightly to get it to work with MSVC 7, otherwise I
mainly used the MSVC 6 projectfiles, just converting them. The only
drawback of that is the MSVC 7 projectfiles are at some places in the
same directory as the MSVC 6 projectfiles.

But it works

To test get the tarball from:

http://194.100.157.22/tiki/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=17

The tarball contains some other tarballs (gzipped) and a README. The
document describes how you should proceed for MSVC 7.

Corrections and comments welcome.

/Nathan Letwory

http://www.letwory.net