[Bf-committers] Last Shot for OS X Plugins

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:08:31 -0500

On Nov 25, 2003, at 1:38 PM, Kent Mein wrote:

> I'm wondering if there isn't something missing.  I'm getting
> no such plugin blah.so when I try it...
> Did you need to do anything to the Makefiles for blender itself or
> was it just on the plugin side of things?

I downloaded a fresh CVS shortly before working on things this morning,
so I'm pretty sure nothing other than what you see is modified.

Here are my environment variables at compile:
NAN_LIBDIR=/Users/developer/Projects/lib
NAN_OBJDIR=/Users/developer/Projects/blender/obj
WITH_QUICKTIME=false

Here's my flow:
make
make release
<uncompress the resulting .tar.gz>
<copy the whole directory contents to /Applications/Graphics/Blender/>
<run Blender from the GUI>

Two things I know have to be correct:
1) No spaces anywhere in your path to the plugin. (Might also be a path
length issue?)
2) You need to have read/write/execute permissions for the entire path
of Blender/plugins/texture

If you don't have execute permissions, it doesn't allow you to open the
file & claims it doesn't exist.

Hope this helps,

-Bischofftep