[Bf-committers] 2.31 release schedule

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:10:54 +0100

Hi all,

Yesterday I was most of the daytime without internet... my provider
screwed something up. So the proposed schedule, as discussed at last
sunday's IRC meeting, moves a little bit.

For today and wednesday:
- CVS frozen for all commits, unless it involves bugs... if in doubt,
contact me!
- final check on reported bugs
- check the latest build with the 'regression suite':
   http://download.blender.org/demo/test/test230.1.tar.gz
   This is a collection .blend files with instructions what to do.
   (It's unfinished still, but at least a good start)
- If you like, post testing binaries at irc channels for direct &
personal feedback
- I will commit 2.31 version stuff, splash, new .B.blend

For thursday/friday/saturday:
- total freeze
- release managers compile and verify binary with regression suite
- when all releases are OK, we go officially online with it
- I'll make the release notes

The CVS code will be tagged of course. If *really* needed, we can still
decide later on to compile a 2.31 again with some essential bugfix. The
deadline for the manual cdrom is 2nd week of december, so there's time
still.

Thanks!

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org