[Bf-committers] libavcodec support (ffmpeg).

Robert Wenzlaff bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 04:15:40 -0500

I mentioned last week that I was thinking about adding libavcodec support.
Libavcodec provides many video and audio codecs, is mostly LGPL (two modules
are GPL),  and is available for Linux, BSD, OSX, Windows, and BeOS.

To keep from adding another build dependancy,  I was thinking of making the
support a transparent link using dlopen().   If you don't have the lib, then
the options just won't show up in your buttons.  (Which platform doesn't
support dlopen()?  Was it BeOS?  Should we check out
http://www.bebits.com/app/2917 ).

Attached is a sample mpeg encoder I implimented this way.  Very crude, (03:30
is not the time to try to parse RGB into YUV4:2:0).

Let me know what your thoughts are on this style of implimentation.
I'm off to bed.
Robert Wenzlaff        rwenzlaff@soylent-green.con