[Bf-committers] questions about textures

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:19:19 -0600

> Hello
>
> I'm trying to write the docs for the new python Texture module. However,
> there are a few things that I'm really not sure what they are... I've
> been using the tooltips from buttons to describe the various attributes,
> but certain buttons have no tooltips, namely:
>
> - the texture/image StField button

Ok I've added comments, that should give you enough info to deal with
these, anyone have any complaints for me setting the following tool tips?

texture/image StField button: "Denotes this is a Standard Field"

(Vs Unstandard I guess, basically there are two functions for how to
de_interlace the image and this toggles which one to use)

> - the texture/blend Ease button
texture/blend Ease button: "Uses a more complicated blend function."

quad uses  Tin*=Tin;
ease uses: t= Tin*Tin;
           Tin= (3.0*t-2.0*t*Tin);

> Also, I've currently used the tooltips for the following, but they don't
> really make sense to me- could someone verify that these tooltips make
> sense:
>
> - texture/stucci Wall In  [tooltip says "set start value"]
> - texture/stucci Wall Out [tooltip says "set end value"]

I would change these to say  Wall In [tooltop "Creates Dimple"]
			     Wall Out [tooltip "Creates Ridges"]

Basically if you look at the Preview Wall in makes it looks like there are
dimples in the texture and Wall Out makes it look like there are ridges.

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein