[Bf-committers] OpenGL database

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:07:02 +0100

Hi all,

Our good friend Pol will build a php/mysql system for users to submit
reports on their gfx system. It will be based at filling in information
as also has been provided on the 'news and chat' forum. But in a
database such info gets much more interesting. We can even make a top
10 of best and worst performing 3d cards!

Data provided:

- OS version
- GFX card manufacturor, chipset/type
- Driver version
- a rating ("runs perfect" -> "immediate crash")
- comments

For the first category we like to make a fixed dropdown menu. The
others can be filled in by the user themselves, but choices that have
been added already will be made available with a dropdown as well.

Windows: XP, ME, 2000, 98, 95  (we skip NT)
OSX: 10.1, 10.2, 10.3,  plus a CPU dropdown: G3, G4, G5
Linux: based at kernel: 2.2.x, 2.4.x etc

For Sun, Irix, FreeBSD... can people give hints? Any comments?

Plus; I need instructions for each platform how to retrieve the correct
stats. And where is this stuff at OSX!!! ("About this Mac" menu only
says I have AGP)

Thanks,

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org