[Bf-committers] OpenGL compliance test

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:10:14 -0600

> One idea I had was developing a simple Ghost based test program,
> opening 2 windows and doing all kinds of checks, including asking the
> user to close windows, hide them, switch desktop or focus, etc.
> The most common errors are in 2d commands, like pixel reading and
> drawing, frontbuffer drawing, and this using glViewport and glScissor
> switching a lot.

I started on this and committed the current version to ghost's cvs tree.
its called gltest currently it opens a window and then closes it
and prints out the following info on my machine:

Num Displays: 1 Width: 1600 Height: 1200
Trying to create a window 10, 64, 320, 200
Height: 200 Width: 320
On the following system:
        System: Linux
        Node: jessica
        Release: 2.4.22-1-686-smp
        version: #1 SMP Thu Oct 9 13:44:10 CDT 2003
        Machine: i686
Using GL Version: 1.4.0 NVIDIA 44.96
Getting rid of our window
Getting rid of our system handle

What I'm thinking is it will basically run through every single ghost
function to see if it works.  (Note I'm currently only using the C api,
starting small)

Along with the GL version bit it will also eventually print out what
GL extensions are avaiable.
Its still pretty basic but hey its a start :)

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein