[Bf-committers] snprintf() -- function not present on Win32.

Stephane SOPPERA bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 09 Nov 2003 18:42:20 +0100

Alexander Ewering wrote:

>On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Simon Clitherow wrote:
>

>>Ok, false alarm!  Found the function in stdio.h. :)
>>

>In fact, snprintf() is NOT portable!
>
>>From a BSD manpage:
>
>     hard to assure.  For safety, programmers should use the snprintf()
>inter-
>     face instead.  Unfortunately, this interface is not portable.
>
>>From a Linux manpage:
>
>CONFORMING TO
>       These are GNU extensions.

 From a linux manpage:
       The fprintf, printf, sprintf, vprintf, vfprintf, and vsprintf
functions
       conform  to  ANSI X3.159-1989 (``ANSI C'') and ISO/IEC 9899:1999
(``ISO
       C99'').  The  snprintf  and  vsnprintf  functions  conform  to
ISO/IEC
       9899:1999.

snprintf is C99 and is safer than sprintf (see the bug I reported about
sequence plugins)

--
Stephane SOPPERA
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/stephane.soppera