[Bf-committers] linux observation....

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 22:04:37 -0500 (EST)

I finally got my old SGI 330 linux box working with redhat 6.2 (the
operating system distribution that was customized for it). so, when
i loaded 2.25 i didn't need any extra stuff... but if i use 2.30
I have to have a SDL1-2.so, and glib... stuff... all dynamically
linked. in the irix version we have this stuff all statically linked
so you don't have to go through RPM hell. wish it was the same for
linux. if i tried redhat 9, and latest nvidia drivers the curser
was a complete mess (see previous postings).