[Bf-committers] XCursor Lib

Robert Wenzlaff bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 23:21:15 -0500

Well, I still haven't found a portable answer to the color in the cursors, but
looking at GHOST_WindowX11.cpp and GHOST_WindowWin32.cpp
it seems it would be relatively easy to impliment larger cursors.

Why?  On a 1600x1200 display, a 16x16 cursor almost disappears. (Less than
3.7mm square on a 19" monitor).

While the strict X11 standard is 16x16, X11 gives you a way to querry a best
match to a requested cursor size (XQueryBestCursor(...)).  If we provide a
16x16 and a 32x32 version of the cursors, we could choose which to use based
on user pref and system limits. We could also provide cursors only at 32x32
and scale when creating, but at these sizes with only 2 colors, scalling
really needs to be done by hand.

Under Win32 32x32 looks like the minimum cursor size.  Currently Blender
creates a 32x32 cursor, but only fills one 16x16 corner of it.
--
Robert Wenzlaff   rwenzlaff@soylent-green.com