[Bf-committers] possible redesign step?

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
31 May 2003 14:26:08 +0200

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 12:16, Jordi Rovira i Bonet wrote:
> Hello,
>    I think that maybe the user interface in blender could be moved to
> ghost, or to a "separate" library on top of ghost. I've seen that most
> controls are implemented ina monolythic file called "interface.c".

I agree with you about moving the code for the controls out of
source/blender/src

I propose to do this in 2 steps:

- Move the code out of source/blender/src without altering the
  functionality. Of course, bugs should be fixed :)
- Possible redesign the code for the controls in an OO design. This will
  have an impact on the interface code in source/blender/src.

In my opinion, the 1st step can be done relatively quick. The 2nd part
will involve some more effort.

Topic for next irc meeting?

With regards,
	Michel