[Bf-committers] Spe: Python IDE for Blender

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
31 May 2003 12:24:17 +0200

On Sat, 2003-05-31 at 12:14, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Hi Stani,
>
> The Python coders have their own maillist now, I've cc-ed this to them
> as well.
> I am not a Python coder or user... so I'll happily leave it to the
> current active team to look at it. At a quick glance, looks quite
> impressive dude! Although I can't oversee the implications or
> dependencies that are introduced here...

Erm,

Stani sent the mail to the Python list first. We told him to take this
new addition to the bf-committers list. It's a great addition IMO, and
he deserves credit for this. This is Python related, but not just the
API, it's an entirely new tool.
In our opinion, this should be talked about at a more general level.
Some thoughts on this could concern these things:

Do we want this new tool in the main blender src tree?

Do we want to build blender binaries which depend on the WxPython
toolkit only? Or do we build additional binaries which do not depend on
this toolkit?

Is it worth an article on the front page? (IMO it is).

Is it feasible for a 2.28 release?

To which tree should this be added (bf or Tuhopuu)?

With regards,
	Michel