[Bf-committers] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/imbuf/intern amiga.c IMB_allocimbuf.h IMB_amiga.h IMB_bitplanes.h IMB_bmp.h IMB_cmap.h IMB_divers.h IMB_filter.h IMB_ham.h IMB_hamx.h IMB_iff.h IMB_iris.h IMB_jpeg.h IMB_png.h IMB_targa.h blender/source/blender/imbuf ...

Fri, 30 May 2003 11:53:38 +0200

Hi Casey,

I never used doxygen, I'm also not a good reference user for it because
most of the code I know by heart! :)
Nevertheless, can you post a monkey level instruction for me how to use
this?

Further, you should be aware of that documenting code should never
destroy its readability for coders or debuggers. What you did to
IMB_imbuf_types.h is really destroying a useful code layout. Especially
self-explaing #defines, or lists of data... also when 2 variables in a
struct are defined at the same line has functionality, and makes code
readable.

For doxygen to be acceptable, it should leave the code layout as simple
& readable as possible. Mixing comments in about every line makes
coding very user unfriendly. This can be done with a single block of
comments as well, preserving a readable and structured layout.

In my opinion code can be very self-explanatory, with comments required
only helping someone to understand it. When comments start to replace
(in fact duplicate) code, you're just going too far.

(I didn't check the other .h files yet, I just wanted to review the bug
report on compile errors in IMB_allocimbuf.h)

-Ton-