[Bf-committers] osx install example 3

James Turner bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 29 May 2003 15:04:55 +0100

On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 02:51  pm, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hrms, looks like I've got some reading to do then. :)
> Maybe you can give me a quick answer on this:
>
> - how do i get the man pages for CFBundleCopyBundleURL ?
>   I mean in a console, typing 'man'
> - alternative, how do I find man pages with ProjectBuilder then? I get
> no results... not with 'batch find' in 'definitions'

Ah,go to  developer.apple.com, and use the search box. No man pages for
any of this stuff. The HTML docs are also installed to /Developer
somewhere, and ProjectBuilder can view them, but I invariably find
searching the Apple developer site to be easier.

> I need to know which include files it needs, which libs will be
> linked. Dependencies...

-framework CoreFoundation on the LIBS variable and also the CPPFLAGS
line, I *think*, then #include

#include <CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h>

Aren't frameworks cool? Note that we are probably already pulling in CF
via Glut / OpenGL / Quicktime / Python, but the linker will warn if you
explicitly reference symbols in a framework you haven't explicitly
pulled in (handy feature, that), so we do need to explicitly add it.

> Or maybe just say RTFM, but point me to which one! Only used to
> developing at irix/linux though...

Heh, it's a slightly different kind of development, don't worry about
it. I found going from the Mac world to the Unix one (6 years ago now)
much, much worse ;-)

H&H
James
--
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.