[Bf-committers] osx install example 3

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 12:23:45 -0400

On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 11:57 AM, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Argh! There's a postinstall and postupgrade script... and I forgot to
> have them both included.
> This one should work:

Argh indeed!

Problems, mon Capitan.

Here's the install log. It detected that this was an "upgrade" then
errored with the following:
----
Blender Installation Log
	Target Selection
		_volumeAppeared: Adding volume DB G4 HD
		_volumeAppeared: Adding volume DB G4 OS9
		_volumeAppeared: Adding volume DB G4 Data
		deactivate: removing all cells from _volumeMatrix
	Selected volume "DB G4 HD"
		Mounted at: /
		OpenFirmware: mac-io/ata-4@1f000/@0:10
		Partition type: HFS+
		Partition map: disk0s10
		Partition: 10
		Protocol: ATA
		Media Type: Generic
		Volume Size: 10736484352
	ERROR:Could not set file attributes. - pax: error 1:Could not set
permissions on . - Operation not permitted

	ERROR:Could not set file attributes. - pax: error
1:Access/modification time set failed on: . - Operation not permitted

	ERROR:Could not set file attributes. - pax: error 1:Could not set
permissions on . - Operation not permitted

	ERROR:Could not set file attributes. - pax: error
1:Access/modification time set failed on: . - Operation not permitted

	Some files for blender-2.27-OSX may not have been written correctly.
	cp:
	Data/Users/bish/Incoming/blender-2.27-OSX.pkg/Contents/Resources/
.blender: No such file or directory
	cp:
	G4: No such file or directory
	cp:
	/Volumes/DB: No such file or directory
	The post-install or upgrade script in blender-2.27-OSX failed.
	Install Failed
	Error detected
	Name: NSGenericException
	Reason: The post-install or upgrade script in blender-2.27-OSX failed.
(code 1)
----
I'm figuring that the problems are:
1) When installing to "Applications" normally a dialog comes up to
verify the user has administrator permissions: the rest of the install
then presumably runs under "sudo"-like conditions.

2) The script definitely does NOT like my hard drive name having spaces
in it: the source drive name is "DB G4 Data" and the target drive name
is "DB G4 HD"

3) SOMETHING happened... the positions of all the icons in my
Applications directory got hosed completely. :-P

If I didn't think it'd break a ton of aliases & symbolic links I'd just
rename the thing. *sigh* Just be aware: lots of OS X users will have
spaces in their hard drive names: it's something we got used to under
OS 9 and earlier.

Happy to keep testing... just don't kill my Applications directory
entirely, whadya say, Ton? :-)

-Bischofftep