[Bf-committers] osx install example 2

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 11:26:45 -0400

On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 11:04 AM, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> update:
> http://download.blender.org/demo/test/blender-2.27-OSX.dmg
>
> -> doesn't copy the resources dir to /Applications anymore (it
> shouldn't copy such a dir at all, only a .blender directory in $HOME
> -> updated package name for a more compatible release one

Hm. I don't have a .blender directory in $HOME. Did some searching and
didn't find a .blender directory anywhere on my hard drives. I don't
get a splash screen when starting Blender, which might be a symptom of
the no .blender problem. The .blend directory DID appear in that
resources directory, but it appears that it didn't copy as it was
supposed to...?

One possible explanation: I, like many old-school Mac users, didn't
give a second thought to naming my hard drives with spaces in them...
I've found that this causes problems on a few programs that expect a
nice, clean path with no spaces in the names. Could this be the problem?

>> The only oddity is that the blender.app is non-capitalized, whereas
>> the application itself is Capitalized as I'd expect. Can you change
>> the blender.app to Blender.app?
>
> I changed it in the makefile. New versions will be Blender.app now.

I assume you mean "new after this one" since the install I just did
from blender-2.27-OSX.dmg was still lower case.

Thanks again!

-Bischofftep