[Bf-committers] osx install example 2

Wed, 28 May 2003 17:04:19 +0200

Hi,

update:
http://download.blender.org/demo/test/blender-2.27-OSX.dmg

-> doesn't copy the resources dir to /Applications anymore (it
shouldn't copy such a dir at all, only a .blender directory in $HOME
-> updated package name for a more compatible release one

> (suggest you replace the line "Thank you for getting Blender" with
> "Thank you for trying Blender" or "downloading Blender"

I made it "installing blender"... this can also originate from a
cdrom...

> Also, the sentence saying "including commercial distribution" should
> make it clear that you may make WORKS for commercial distribution...
> not that BLENDER itself is free for commercial distribution).

I kept it vague purposedly. it says: "including commercial usage and
distribution". I don't mention "commercial distribution"... the next
sentence points to the license itself though.

But the actual texts can be improved quite some, it also allows html,
so we can add links to the licenses themselves. Or a link to the
e-shop! :)

> The only oddity is that the blender.app is non-capitalized, whereas
> the application itself is Capitalized as I'd expect. Can you change
> the blender.app to Blender.app?

I changed it in the makefile. New versions will be Blender.app now.

-Ton-