[Bf-committers] Building blender on Linux with automake/conf

Kester Maddock bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 26 May 2003 13:29:02 +1200

AFAIK, the autoconf system does not install data files, or enable
internationalization (i18n) support.  I posted a patch a while ago to enable
build of i18n font support but it hasn't been applied.  Still need to post
support for actually building the translation files. :)

The python extensions are compiled into blender, there are no external files
for that.

The problem with the data files is that they have to be installed in
$HOME/.blender, which is not where autoconf likes to install stuff.

Anyway, you should have a usable blender at
/home/plessl/pack/blender-cvs/bin/blender without i18n support.

Kester