[Bf-committers] Feature Requests in use?

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
23 May 2003 21:00:57 +0200

On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 15:51, Douglas Bischoff wrote:
> Just checking to see if any coders check the "Feature Request" system.
> I notice that none of them are marked "closed" which makes me assume
> that they aren't...

Well, I skimmed through the list:

#47 - Python features to add in the short term
      Requested is to export the bones through Python and to access the
      file requestor.
      The file requestor is back (in the Windows module) and the bones
      module is under developement.
      (Both for Blender 2.28)
#115- Text editor use of Windows/Mac clipboard
      As of Blender 2.27, the text can be copied/pasted through the
      clipboard. Don't know about the Mac part yet though.
#118- Put the GUI module back in please
      All the controls from the GUI module are in the API. The file
      requestor was missing, but that one is added in Blender 2.28.
      So I guess this one is actually -done-.  :)
#259- Script Execute Button
      hrm, I thought I saw this one in the Tuhopuu tree, or at least in
      some screenshot made by someone who added this. Don't know why
      this isn't in the main tree though

So, actually, 4 out of 37 are either finished or being worked on. That's
not too bad ;-)
Most of the developers work on things they like to do, so if a feature
request is being implemented, that's probably pure luck for the time
being :)

Maybe the tracker needs to be updated to reflect the real state.

With regards,
	Michel