[Bf-committers] ToolTip Text?

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 23 May 2003 13:53:49 -0500

> Hello!
>
> Okay, looking through buttons.c, I note that a number of buttons to not
> have ToolTip texts defined. Is this intentional, or simply a lack of
> time on the part of coders? Would it be useful at all to have someone
> who is a user of Blender go through and add the missing ones?
>
> I'll give it a crack if it's a worthwhile project, with a caveat:
> * Could someone privately email me on how to effectively and SAFELY use
> the commit features of CVS and how to generate the emails to this list?
>
> Thanks!!
>
> -Bischofftep

It would be great if someone would go through those.
(I know at least there are a couple of buttons in the fileselect
thing that do not have tooltips)

For cvs saftey....
Always compile your stuff from a clean start to make sure things still compile.

Always do a cvs update.  (That will tell you what files you
have modified, as well as bring you upto the current commited source)

If things have changed compile and make sure your stuff still works.

Its a good idea to use cvs diff on the modified files to review your
changes.

Then use cvs commit when your ready.

http://www.blender.org/modules/documentation/intranet/conventions/index.html
has a great section on using cvs.