[Bf-committers] Sequencer Audio proposal and testing version

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 23 May 2003 13:24:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 23 May 2003, Chris Want wrote:

> > Do gcc libraries mix with Mipspro ones?
>
> I'm not sure, but I think they probably
> do (i.e., a user might be able to do a -lGL
> with gcc and use the irix one).

there is c++ name munging that can be a problem
if not done correctly. I have not had a problem
using a freeware supplied lib for either gcc
or mipspro, this is why i suggest using theirs,
as well as saving time.

> But anyways, I compiled this with the MipsPro
> compiler using only stuff from sgi freeware,
> in particular:
>
> SDL
SDL-1.2.5 ?
> nas
nas-1.4.2 ?
> aalib
aalib-1.4rc5 ?

sorry to be pendantic, but version numbers matter.

> Kinda kooky that sdl needs an ascii art lib
> to link with blender ... it should also be
> pointed out that the SDL-mixer package is not
> needed.

weird.