[Bf-committers] compilation of blender on a linux box

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 22 May 2003 07:20:33 -0500

> Hi!
>
> I'm a newcomer on this list, and I noticed three small problems about
> Blender 2.27
>
> 1) I need to add -lpthread in the file
> /blender/extern/ode/dist/config/makefile.unix-gcc,
> e.g. replace the line
> LINK_OPENGL=-L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11/lib -L/usr/lib/X11R6
> -L/usr/lib/X11 -lX11 -lGL -lGLU
> by
> LINK_OPENGL=-L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11/lib -L/usr/lib/X11R6
> -L/usr/lib/X11 -lX11 -lGL -lGLU -lpthread

Anyone have any solutions to this?  I would say we need to leave it
upto the user to fix it.

> OpenGL need this switch to compile.
>
> 2) The def val for mozilla isn't correct on my box, and I had to define
> the env variable
> NAN_MOZILLA_INC=/usr/include/mozilla-1.1 (and to export it)
> Users should be warned of this.

Not to sound cranky but,
Everyone should check every single NAN_ define for their platform.
Almost every single platform has different locations for things its not
going to work for everyone.  (In the case of linux each distrubution may
even have different locations for software)

> 3) The files
> blender/source/gameengine/GamePlayer/netscape/test/gears/TST_gears.c
> and
> blender/source/gameengine/GamePlayer/netscape/test/gears/TST_threaded_gears.c
> definitely don't compile.
> They don't seem critical, and I replaced them by empty files.
>
> See ya

They require glut if I remember right.  If you don't have it and
the NAN_GLUT env var setup correctly it won't work.  Some day someone will
port them to ghost and or just remove the glut bit hopefully ;)

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein