[Bf-committers] CVS commit: blender/make/msvc_7_0/blender blender.sln

Nathan Letwory bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 22 May 2003 13:37:05 +0300

Simon Clitherow wrote:

>Hi Nathan,
>
>Just one quick question: why is this file now in /blender?
>
>IMHO, VC project files should remain in the make/<msvc version> dirs to keep
>things nice and tidy...

My reasoning for this was that 1) the main Makefile for 'make' resides
also in /blender and 2) I can use $(SolutionDir) and other MSVC7 macro's
in the project setups. It allows for developers to more quickly assess
the projectfiles and possible spot problems with them. (
..\..\..\..\..\intern\string is less obvious than
$(SolutionDir)intern\string ).

But if the majority is against the .sln in /blender, I can move it out
and redo all the project files.

/Nathan