[Bf-committers] undo-function

momesana bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 18 May 2003 05:40:42 +0200

Hi, everybody
I am just learning how to work with blender (now under windows, but I
will check the program under linux in a few days when getting my lfs
work right - so everthing said here is corresponding to the
win32-version only) and I am very impressed by the many features, the
package being so small and this great piece of software being an open
source project.
Nevertheless there are a few things to critisize. Things I had to face
the very first hours of working with the program. The first one is that
blender crashes everytime you try to open an unsupported fileformat. In
contrast to Blender 2.6 does version 2.7 prove to be more stable, but
still crashes a lot.
And it seems that there is no "Undo Function" available in the program.
How is this possible??? Every sophisticated application supports this
feature. Most of them even allow setting the number of availabe undo's
in preferences and more of that kind and so should blender. How comes,
Blender does not support this feature??? It should be implemented as
soon as possible. I am not a professional programmer but to me it
doesn't seem to be such a difficult task. Either you program blender to
save a copy (correspondig to the maximum numbers set in preferences) of
the file whenever it was changed or you conduct it to save a changelog
file that registers every change and allows backward calculation of
changes so that less discspace is occupied (drawback: more cpu- and
memoryusage).
Again, I am not a programmer so I don't know much about this but one
thing is certain: "Blender needs an undofunction!!!".
I hope to see this feature soon.

Thanks to the Developers especialy Ton for this great Software,
momesana
momesana@yahoo.de