[Bf-committers] Weird Armature update bug

Fri, 16 May 2003 12:14:20 +0200

Hi,

It is pretty understandable, that constraints create lagging... that
was a problem with the old parenting/tracking system as well. I hacked
in a 'sorting' routine, to make sure the objects are calculated in the
right order.

The current constraints don't do that. Meaning, that when a window
updates, it also recalculates positions, hence the errors seem to go
away.

For the future, I would love to see the Constraint system improved
further. Hopefully,  with such a generic relationship system, we can
implement a good pre-compiling that makes Constraint evaluation
predictable and lag-free...

-Ton-

(BTW: afaik the Render routines calculate a position twice, to make
sure lagging is reduced... during ALT+A playback that is not done, for
speed)