[Bf-committers] Weird Armature update bug

instinctive new media bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 15 May 2003 22:16:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hi people,

I don't know if this is a known bug, but I thought Ton might know best about
it, so i decided to bring it up here.

I just had the weirdest display update issue:

I have a complex armature setup with various tracktos/copy position
constraints (but NO IK solvers), the camera tracks the character.

Now when i change frames (no matter if in ALT-A or manually), some of the
objects "fall behind" the armature by at least one frame! This is most
noticable with the camera itself: In camera view, you can see the camera's
rectangle ITSELF rotating around the viewport! (I.E., the viewport doesn't
rotate, the camera wireframe does!)

This messed up state even persists when you hit ESC to stop the animation.

THe funny part: as soon as the screen is updated (move the mouse to a
different space, switch workspaces, etc.), the errors are gone, everything
seems OK.

Did anyone ever see this behaviour?