[Bf-committers] Slowdowns with International Fonts

Thu, 15 May 2003 12:34:43 +0200

Hi,

The FTGL lib has a couple of drawing modes included, we use the 32 bits
'glPixels' draw mode... so just writing plain RGBA rects.
Nothing to do with h/w opengl antialiasing.

The slowdown is caused by an opengl command that allows to change color
of a pixel map. That seems to be cpu sensitive... something we'll look
at.

I wanted to have a few more people helping with the OSX version.
Especially with knowledge on OSX specific issues, from installing to
further integration.

My suggestion is to call for a separate IRC meeting on blender-OSX.
Who's interested?

-Ton-