[Bf-committers] OS X Okay

Hans Lambermont bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 15 May 2003 11:47:10 +0200

Charles Wardlaw wrote:

> This is a CVS problem.

No it is not.

> Sometimes, if you've edited a file and then do a cvs update, it won't
> know what to do and you end up with sections like this:
>
> <<<<<<<<< 1.5
> variable = something;
> <<<<<<<<<< 1.6
> variable = something_else;

This means that you tried to commit a change to a non-up-to-date file,
or that you did a cvs update on a modified file.
I.e. there is already a newer version in the repository, committed by
someone else.

> You may need to delete the file and / or grab a copy from the CVS
> browser on the website.

Why ? CVS tells you exactly what the newer repository contents are and
what you tried to replace it with. The whole idea of these '>>' '<<'
lines is that you can manually fix it and continue your commit.

Succes !

Hans
--
http://lambermont.webhop.org/   () ascii ribbon campaign - against HTML mail,