[Bf-committers] Int'l Fonts on OSX

Charles Wardlaw bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 14 May 2003 19:39:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

Figured out why I wasn't getting japanese characters -- I mistakenly
thought that the new international support meant that .bfont.ttf had
glyphs for other languages!

I finally got it to accept one of the opentype fonts that ship with OSX
(the ???????? fonts).  Now japanese blender works fine.

Are there any opensource fonts for larger code sets?  It'd be really
cool for blender to have in-built support in one monolithic unicode
font or many smaller fonts, one for each non-latin language.  Something
like that Vera font that was released for the Gnome foundation?
Anybody?

Heh, or we can start a Blender OpenFont project. ^_^;;  Either way, I
think we should specify somewhere in the docs that for non-latin
translations you'll need to forcefully specify a font.

- Charles