[Bf-committers] Windows installer icon

Frank van Beek bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 15 May 2003 03:03:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Matt Ebb wrote:

> One problem - I don't know what it's caused by, but the windows installer
> icon doesn't seem to be working properly - it's only showing the 32x32x4bit
> colour version for all sizes and colour depths, rather than the appropriate
> versions. The other icons seem fine
>
> Matt

Yeah I know. It seems to be a NSIS 1.98 thing. When I tried to upgrade to
NSIS 2.0b3, NSIS expected installer AND uninstaller icons in the same icon
file. When not using the icon file in 2.0b3 it would use it's own default
icons (ugly).

Upgrading to 2.0b3 is pretty easy. Just remove everything it complains
about from 00.blender.nsi by commenting it including the ICON statement.

I have no idea on what the .ico file layout should be like to make NSIS
2.0b3 happy.

Frank.