[Bf-committers] Translations update

Wed, 14 May 2003 14:35:03 +0200

Hi,

We decided not to wait for all translation issues to be solved, so the
release will have translation files only for demoing and to play with.

The main target is to have a good template file for everyone to work
with. This has quite some related topics, so below is what will be done:

- We'll announce that the 'official' translation projects will start in
2 weeks from now.
- In the meantime, LarstiQ will look at the way how to do maintenance
for .po files, for future Blender versions, to make it as simple as
possible to release new translations and have people contributing to it.
- I will help identifying which C files should be included.
- Phase or LarstiQ then will rework the the current it.po into a
template, to be used for everyone else.
- I will organize the tutorials and docs for people who want to help.
Make sure there's a good webpage for it, and that we don't get rivaling
groups!

I'll do central coordination as well. Just contact me, or CC me in
discussions.

Thanks!

-Ton-