[Bf-committers] Big Ouch Bug

Studio bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 13 May 2003 18:41:08 -0400

--Apple-Mail-2--603458884

Heyo:

Updated from CVS this evening at 1800 local (2200 GMT). Tried my usual
build, and with --enable-exppython I got a compile error. So I switched
that off, and compiled successfully on OS X 10.2.6.

Now, if I delete the standard "plane" file, and attempt to add any
other primitive, Blender crashes with the following error:

----
Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes:      KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000018

Thread 0 Crashed:
  #0   0x0001f890 in tbox_execute (crt.c:300)
  #1   0x0001735c in screenmain (crt.c:300)
  #2   0x000031ec in main (crt.c:300)
----

Only happens if I delete the standard plane. I can add objects
willy-nilly as long as I don't delete the standard plane. If I add
another object, THEN delete the standard plane, same problem exactly.

Lastly, far from as bad but annoying, if one cancels the "add" of a
mesh object after you get to the point of typing how many vertices it
has, you still end up with an object, just that it has no vertices:
only a center.

I don't think this is my setup, though of course it's possible I have
something misconfigured. Can anyone confirm this bug?

-Bischofftep

--Apple-Mail-2--603458884

Heyo:

Updated from CVS this evening at 1800 local (2200 GMT). Tried my usual
build, and with --enable-exppython I got a compile error. So I
switched that off, and compiled successfully on OS X 10.2.6.

Now, if I delete the standard "plane" file, and attempt to add any
other primitive, Blender crashes with the following error:

----

<fixed>Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)

 #0   0x0001f890 in tbox_execute (crt.c:300)

 #1   0x0001735c in screenmain (crt.c:300)

 #2   0x000031ec in main (crt.c:300)

----

Only happens if I delete the standard plane. I can add objects
willy-nilly as long as I don't delete the standard plane. If I add
another object, THEN delete the standard plane, same problem exactly.

Lastly, far from as bad but annoying, if one cancels the "add" of a
mesh object after you get to the point of typing how many vertices it
has, you still end up with an object, just that it has no vertices:
only a center.

I don't think this is my setup, though of course it's possible I have
something misconfigured. Can anyone confirm this bug?

-Bischofftep

</fixed>
--Apple-Mail-2--603458884--