[Bf-committers] final patch for DRI crash

Meino Christian Cramer bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 12 May 2003 08:07:06 +0200 (CEST)

From: Jacek Pop=B3awski <jpopl@interia.pl>
Subject: [Bf-committers] final patch for DRI crash
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 05:38:15 +0200

Hi, =

 with a cvs snapshot from May 12 05:31 blender crashes when
 opening the render window a "second time" after it was put to
 background by pressing ESC -- so I am affected by that feature.

 I patched the diff from your mail and I lost that "quick exit"
 feature.

 For me it works ... :)

 Thanks, for me it fixes a long existing bug...

 Kind regards,
 Meino
 =

 - used system, software: -
 Linux 2.4.20 =

 gcc 3.2.3 =

 glibc 2.3.2.
 binutils 2.13.90.0.20
 gdb 5.3
 XFree 4.3.99.3 (hardware dri/drm enabled and working)
 IceWM 2.7

- used system, hardware: -
 ATI Radeon 7500 AGP made by Sapphire
 Athlon XP 2400+
 EPoX 8K5A3+
 256 MB DDR RAM

> This time patch should not break anything. I tracked crash on r200 DR=
I driver
> when closing renderwin in Blender. I asked on DRI mailing list, and..=
. got
> answer! The problem is located in GHOST. r200 DRI driver crashes when=
 function
> XDestroyWindow is called before glXDestroyContext. I changed that in
> intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_WindowX11.cpp, and got no more crashes.
> =

> *please* test this patch and try to apply if before 2.27 release.
> =

> -- =

> Free Software - find interesting programs and change them
> NetHack - meet interesting creatures, kill them and eat their bodies
> Usenet - meet interesting people from all over the world and flame th=
em
> Decopter - unrealistic helicopter simulator, get it from http://decop=
ter.sf.net