[Bf-committers] update /lib/xxx/ ?

Sun, 11 May 2003 14:11:56 +0200

Hi all,

The next week, I wanted to go over all docs we have at the site,
especially instructions for new coders who want to get it all working.
I want to do this at dummy level as much as possible!

So I will map at out all dependencies, required tools, required libs,
etc.

The original idea was to have the libs (like ssl, python, freetype,
etc) available in the lib/ directory in cvs. This to avoid cumbersome
hours long installing and compiling libs, and make sure people got the
right ones.

I see this only happened for irix and windows now. Do the other
platform managers not consider this useful? Anyhoo, I would like to see
this for:

- OSX
- Linux
- FreeBSD
- Sun Solaris

Can the platform maintainers keep track of this?
Thanks,

-Ton-