[Bf-committers] Changed to: reply about exp-python

Willian Padovani Germano bf-committers@blender.org
10 May 2003 01:15:48 -0300

Hi,

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 11:38, Douglas Bischoff wrote:
> Does anyone know why you often need to hit <alt>-p twice to get things
> to run?

It usually doesn't happen to me.  In this particular case (a test of BGL
commands) no Redraw function was called in the script, so maybe a second
ALT+PKEY caused a redraw to happen in Blender.

> Willian, can you send me some basic test files to run on OS X? I'm a
> poor python programmer, alas.

(You should give it a chance, it's a great language).  Anyway, we'll
need simple scripts to test exp-python throughly.  I'll write some next
week, they'll probably be in "the docs" as examples, too.

> Debugging a little with simple print statements to monitor progress, I
> discovered that the script simply stopped producing output when running
> the statement "Blender.Draw.Register(x,y,z)"

It's working now, both Draw and BGL.  The functions in
blender/src/drawtext.c that called registered callbacks in Draw.c
weren't implemented.  A simple change and now it works.  I'm still
implementing other functions (basically copying from BPY_main.c) in
BPY_interface.c (finally doing what I was supposed to, Michel ;)) and on
Monday I'll commit the changes.

I'll take away the #ifndef __APPLE__ , since we need to test that and
you said it doesn't stop compilation.  Thanks for the info.

Good 2.27 launch for everyone : )!

--
Willian, wgermano@ig.com.br