[Bf-committers] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x BGL.c BGL.h Draw.c Draw.h EXPP_interface.c EXPP_interface.h Window.c Window.h Blender.c Camera.c Camera.h Image.c Image.h Lamp.c Lamp.h Makefile.am gen_utils.c gen_utils.h modules.h

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 9 May 2003 10:38:30 -0400

On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 20:32 US/Eastern, Willian Padovani Germano
wrote:

> It should compile now.  And a small test today showed that some BGL
> (OpenGL) commands work, I could paint the screen and draw some letters.
> But it only appeared after two (ALT+P).  That was also the behavior in
> 2.26 with bpython, though.  I'll investigate the Redraw functions.

Does anyone know why you often need to hit <alt>-p twice to get things
to run?

Willian, can you send me some basic test files to run on OS X? I'm a
poor python programmer, alas.

> BTW, BGL.[ch] has the entire OpenGL wrapping function macros and
> definitions commented out if __APPLE__ is defined.  I have no specific
> knowledge about that architecture -- someone else will have to check
> what is going on.  I don't even know if __APPLE__ is for older os's or
> also includes OSX.  What I know is that this define comes from
> opy_draw.c, so the current bpython API up to 2.27 uses it.

Well, I deleted the #ifndef blocks, and it still compiled okay.
However, scripts don't seem to work. Blender doesn't crash, but the
python scripts I tested still don't work. They didn't ERROR, mind
you... but didn't work. (Also, the behavior of placing the cursor at
the offending line in the text window doesn't seem to be working
anymore?)

Debugging a little with simple print statements to monitor progress, I
discovered that the script simply stopped producing output when running
the statement "Blender.Draw.Register(x,y,z)"

If a few test scripts/blend files could be sent my way I'll be happy to
test 'em!

-Bischofftep