[Bf-committers] Current version build notes

Charles Wardlaw bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 8 May 2003 06:44:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Douglas,

> Hm. When you refer to "those warnings" do you mean the ones during
> Freeze?

Outside of the freeze there are a lot of "missing mxTextTools" warnings
throughout the build process.  I'd been told before to ignore them.

> Could you test something please? Try and open the attached VRML2
> file.
> If it opens, please let me know right away: you might've found a
> solution to a nagging problem. If it doesn't, can you let me know
> what
> your console says?

It does not load; Blender says it's not a blender file. Console says:

## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias
of type (imdc/MP42/MSFT)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../modules/Converter/__init__.py", line 3, in ?
  File "../modules/Converter/importloader.py", line 4, in ?
  File "../modules/Converter/importer/__init__.py", line 8, in ?
  File "../modules/Converter/importer/VRMLimporter.py", line 39, in ?
  File "../modules/vrml/loader.py", line 6, in ?
  File "../modules/vrml/parser.py", line 1, in ?
  File "../modules/TextTools/__init__.py", line 21, in ?
  File "../modules/TextTools/TextTools.py", line 12, in ?
  File "../modules/TextTools/mxTextTools/__init__.py", line 7, in ?
ImportError: No module named mxTextTools
couldn't import 'importloader'
<<<<<<

During the freeze process I got a new warning:

freezing Blender.Text .Warning: unknown modules remain: math operator
strop struct time zlib
<<<<<<

I'm thinking that this is preventing mxTextTools from working properly?
 It seems to have been frozen properly and added to libfrozen.a.  At
first I thought it was a problem with python (I use the fink python in
/sw/bin, but I initially installed mxTextTools to the apple python,
wherever that is, by accident), but reinstalling the lib didn't seem to
make a difference.

- Charles