[Bf-committers] Current version build notes

Charles Wardlaw bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 7 May 2003 16:49:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

After a CVS update (and a forced CVS download of the lib/ folder) I
built from the sources without a hitch.  (OS X v10.2.6)  Running 'make
release' ran fine, and gave me a nice little gzipped tarball.  And I
finally installed the mxTextTools, so all those warnings disappeared.
I'm surprised the http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxTextTools.html
webpage isn't linked in the readme (or if it is, I'm surprised I'm so
oblivious).

There was one small thing: I ran 'make clean' before building this
time, and when it tried to remove the OS X blender app bundles it came
up with an error.  It's trying to use rm to remove directories; if you
change this part of the file to 'rm -R blender.app' etc. it'll go fine.

I think someone else mentioned that the version number is still 2.26,
but I'll mention it one more time.

Thanks,
- Charles