Quicktime Bug Note (was: Re: [Bf-committers] Meeting notes may 4 2003, todo list!)

Rob Haarsma bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 07 May 2003 15:04:30 +0200

Douglas Bischoff wrote:

> After selecting a Quicktime codec for output, if you click on the
> "options" for any codec, the resulting window is not responsive to any
> input. The only solution is to force quit Blender.

Yeah, sgefant also reported this. I'll see through the code again to
check for a solution.
Also, could you help me and render a DV-Pal movie ? On OSX i had a weird
problem
where the y resolution was one pixel off (720x575). Can you confirm this ?

> Other than that, this looks very good!
>
> Side question: if you set a different frame rate for your codec in
> Quicktime than is listed in Blender, I assume that it just encodes
> whatever frames it was given to the new frame rate and has no effect
> on the Blender frame rate?

Hopefully they exist happily next to eachother. Changing the framerate
in the QT dialog
should update blender's framerate and vice versa. A minor inconsistancy
is floating point
framerates (29.97, 59.94). When these get selected from the QT dialog,
blender displays
a framerate of 30 and 60. As long as blender's framerate button isn't
adjusted, movies
will get rendered with the floating point framerate.

Rob.