[Bf-committers] Meeting notes may 4 2003, todo list!

Wed, 7 May 2003 12:57:52 +0200

Hi all,

Because of the scheduled 2.27 release, I will restrict the notes to an
overview & todo's:

DONE:
- phase committed the approved tuhopuu features to bf-blender:
   - rename menu in file-sel & ima-sel
   - rightmouse menu in text-editor
   - clipboard support for windows
   - alt-m, text-editor to 3d font feature
   - anti-aliased fonts (freetype) in interface
   - multi-languagal support in interface
   - 3d fonts accept freetype fonts
   - windows & OSX: quicktime support
- extra feature: expanded 'window type menu' with texts
- autoskinning for armatures
- new splash
- new icons for windows
- cessen's new render features are moved to 2.28
- (mail me if I missed stuff)

TODO:

- EVERYONE: check tracker for urgent bugs
- EVERYONE: update changelog text for 2.27 release
- EVERYONE: update to latest cvs, compile and test!
- LarstiQ: is autoconf ready as part of the release?
- who will put the new splash in the code?
- ton/_broken: do web site updates for release
- LarstiQ: can we coordinate tagging the cvs, and making the official
2.27 source tarball?
- platform managers: compile latest checkout and release, mail me a
location where i can download it
- who will become new windows-cygwin platform manager (take over from
Frank?). Aphex volunteers to do it for this release if no-one applies
for it.
- we also need a new active developer for irix.

PLANNING:

- sunday May 11 I'm standby all day to do the release... if any of the
platform managers cannot make it, please let me know, then we'll find a
backup.

Please use the maillist to just report actions, like 'compiles OK at
xxx, tested with xxxx".
In www.download.blender.org/demo/test/ you can find the basic files
that should work as minimum... but I would like to see the official
test files expanded with some, especially for armatures and IK.

Thanks!

-Ton-