[Bf-committers] QuickTime on OS X

Douglas Toltzman bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 5 May 2003 10:34:30 -0400 (EDT)

Does the C++ compiler support namespaces?  namespaces were created to deal
with this sort of issue, but I've not yet used them with GCC.  Can we
count on namespace support across all platforms???

I think the Quicktime headers could be included inside of a namespace QT
{} block, then you'd have to refer to the QT ID type as QT::ID wherever
you needed it in your source.  If you aren't ever using the QT::ID type,
it might be transparent.  I don't have enough practical experience with
namespaces to say for sure.

Douglas Toltzman