[Bf-committers] New group select menu

instinctive new media bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 5 May 2003 15:58:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> - I like the Shift+G menu!
Me too :)

> - Shift+P and Shift+C is a bit overkill... you know in blender you can
> activate menu items with the keys 1-2-3.. etc? Plus it has a builtin
> memory, so the 2nd time a <SHIFT-G, Enter> is sufficient.
OK, I didn't know about the 1-2-3 thing, should have seen it
in the code:). OK, so we're happy with shift-g-1. :)
I did know about the memory, though.

> - The wire colors: there have been a few proposals and experiments on
> wire colors in Blender. I like to challenge everyone here (and on the

I think opinions will always differ concerning most things... I just
try to think practically, I just work with blender projects, and the
ideas pop up... "Hell, this is impractical, I should do this and that
to improve it"..

So the question is: How do you benefit from instantly seeing if an
object is a curve or mesh? Or how do you benefit from seeing if
the active object has children... etc. I guess we will always need
as many configurable options as people have different brains :)