[Bf-committers] Little feature request

Meino Christian Cramer bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 05 May 2003 07:28:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

 I have a little feature request, which may make life a little easier
 not only if the user is confronted with OpenGL bugs of ?.

 Blender crashes on my system, when the render window is "called" a
 second time and not closed completly after rendering with click on
 the close-bottom of the window manager (using ESC instead to put in
 in the background.

 I am urged to use DispView instead.

 The "problem" is, that setting DispView and start rendering will
 display the rendering process in a """window""" but as soon as the
 rendering ends, the """window""" disapears.

 Would it possible -- as a workaround -- to make the
 DispView-"""window""" behave exactly as the DispWin-window ?

 I am sure not to be the only one having problems with OpenGL and such
 or being the only one with a Radeon 7500 gcard.

 Would help a little bit...

 Kind regards,
 Meino

 - used system, software: -
 Linux 2.4.20
 gcc 3.2.3
 glibc 2.3.2.
 binutils 2.13.90.0.20
 gdb 5.3
 XFree 4.3.99.3 (hardware dri/drm enabled and working)
 IceWM 2.7

- used system, hardware: -
 ATI Radeon 7500 AGP made by Sapphire
 Athlon XP 2400+