[Bf-committers] Quicktime & autoconf

Kester Maddock bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 3 May 2003 03:00:50 +1200

Meino,
>   I fear, it is the opening of buttons and other graphical thingies,
>   which kills the system...

Can you try any other script that creates buttons to try and narrow it down to
this one script.

> > Tuhopuu
>
>   please...what? ;)
>   Another branch ?
>
>   And what problems are changed with what others then ?
>
>   How to access this ?
Tuhopuu is the experimental tree.  Major new features are developed and tested
here before being moved to the blender tree.

CVS instructions at http://projects.blender.org/cvsx/?group_id=11

> > A new video card
>
>   Oh, please not...
Can you borrow a different video card?

There is also another XFree86 branch at http://dri.sf.net and some driver
snapshots at http://dri.sourceforge.net/snapshots/
You should also check /var/log/messages for any warnings right before the
crash.  You can redirect blenders output to a log file with
blender > blender.log 2>&1
According to the XFree86 and DRI mailing lists, there are still quite a few
people who's radeon's lock up.
Use SysRq-S, SysRq-U, SysRq-B to reboot.  Does an emergency sync, remount read
only and reboot.  This will hopefully sync the logfiles to disk.

>   Why does have no other program related to OpenGL/GLX and such have
>   problems with my hardware -- except blender ???
>
>   This is _not only_ a rhetorical question...

Sometimes you just hate computers. :)  My computer has a Voodoo3 in it because
nVidia cards lock up 30 seconds into anything 3d.

> > (BTW --export-dynamic is already enabled in the NaN makefiles)
>
>   And why the option enable-blender-static then ?
--export-dynamic makes some python interpreter functions available when
else is reading.