[Bf-committers] recent build notes; autoconf on linux

Douglas Toltzman bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 2 May 2003 09:48:55 -0400 (EDT)

Last night I downloaded the latest blender sources and did a complete
build using the autoconf system on a Linux machine.  I ran into 3 problems
with the build;

1) I had to link the python executable to "python2.2"
2) I had to make a link from libGLU.so.3 to libGLU.so
3) I had to add "-L/usr/X11R6/lib" to the LDFLAGS in the top level
Makefile

I encountered one problem with the executable in about 1 hour of casual
testing.  When I exported an image using the JPEG format, the resulting
image looked terrible (like it was a low quality, interlaced video frame).
The JPEG quality setting was at 95%.  I didn't try another quality
setting.  Instead, I switch to PNG output and the result was "perfect".  I
may have something wrong in my libjpeg setup.  Other versions of Blender
work fine on the same system.

Douglas Toltzman