[Bf-committers] control-m's in files

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
01 May 2003 21:12:30 +0200

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 22:47, Kent Mein wrote:
> How do we insure the project files keep them for windows users.
> One solution is windows users check in the project files with -kb
> (so they are considered binary files and not converted)

Although the disadvantage is that you can't browse those files, or even
diff them in cvs, I think this is the best solution.

> Another is we could have certain dirs that get unix2dos'd before
> the tarfiles are created...

Please no. The reason why is that when those files are checked in cvs by
a windows developer, he is pretty sure those files are correct. If there
are some tools/scripts that manipulate the content of those files, he
has an extra uncertainty if something goes wrong.

With regards,
	Michel